Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Offical I'm doing the 3 Day Walk For the Cure

Karen and Megan
I'm all signed up for the Philly 3 Day Walk! 2011 is the 10 year anniversary of the passing of my Aunt Karen, she had the IBC form which is Inflammatory Breast Cancer. This form of the cancer is very aggressive, she died just short of her 40th birthday. She was one of the most inspirational people I have ever met, she had cancer but the cancer didn't have her. In 5 short years she was able to accomplish many things that other people would only dream of, like becoming a certified EMT in the state of NY. We still miss her very much, but we know that the short time that she spent here was to teach us about living life to the fullest. But this walk isn't just about her but my friend's mom's who have battled and won this fight thanks to all the work that Susan G. Komen foundation has done and will continue to do.

Summer time on Shelter Island Me, Ann, Meagan and Karen

My 13th birthday at Karen's House

Mom, Marybeth, and Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...