Friday, March 23, 2012

The Book Thief



For March Book Club we read The Book Thief. This book was very interesting and I really enjoyed reading it. Even though the was about being in Germany during World War II, the book focuses on what its like to be a normalish German family and their struggles. The book also has a very interesting narrator who describes everything with such detail its hard to put down the book. I would love to hear about other peoples thoughts on the book since I'm not able to go to the book club meeting. But I will leave you with a quote from the book that really drew me in.


" People observe the colors of the only at its beginnings and ends, but to me it's quite clear that a merges through a multitude of shades and intonations with each passing moment. A single hour can consist of thousands of different colors waxy yellows, cloud spat blues, murky darkness. In my line of work, I make it a point to notice them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...